Friday, June 03, 2005

My Favorite Actor?

A Great Movie earns you 3 points
A Good Movie earns you 1 point
An Average Movie counts for nothing
A Bad Movie costs you 2 points

Here are the results so far:
Tom Hanks: 17pts
Jim Carrey: 14pts
Robin Williams: 11pts
Tom Cruise: 8pts
Denzel Washington: 8pts
Brad Pitt: 7pts
Harrison Ford: 7pts
Julia Roberts: 6 pts
Meg Ryan: 6 pts
Mel Gibson: 6pts
Arnold Schwarzenegger: 6pts
Jena Malone: 5pts
Bruce Willis: 4 pts
Kevin Costner: 4 pts
Sandra Bullock: 4 pts
Tim Robbins: 3pts
Kevin Spacey: 3 pts
Nicolas Cage: 2 pts

Rules I've Made Up Along The Way:
1. No animated/computerized/cartoon voice acting stuff counts 2. The actor must have played a major role in the movie, not some two minute cameo. 3. I had to have seen over 90% of the movie UNLESS it was so bad that I turned it off. 4. I must have seen them in at least seven movies that fit rules 1-3.

7 comments:

Aaron Perry said...

what about kevin spacey? what about will ferrell?

matthew said...

i think they haven't qualified yet regarding rule #4. I have to have seen them in 7 movies. I'll check later to see if they qualify :)

matthew said...

I added spacey (but he only got 3 pts) and ferrell isn't even close to being added (i've only seen 2 of his movies that would qualify towards the requirement of 7), plus one of them was a -2 anyways :)

Kirk said...

You need to see the diehard movies so that his rating can be boosted. Also I loved him in the 5th element. I have to agree with your other scores for the most part. Star Wars trilogy for example deserve to be great movies but the acting is only good in all of them not great.

Kirk said...

Also Spacey was great in American Beauty my goodness he won the academy award for best actor for that one. You need to see Philadelphia for another great Tom Hanks movie. Here is one of mine:

Paul Reubens

Great:

PeeWee's Big Adventure
Blow

Good:

Mystery Men
Flight of the Navigator
Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Average:

Big Top Pee Wee
Matilda
Back to the Beach

Paul Reuben's Score =9

One more for Aaron:

Will Ferrell:

Great:

Anchorman
Elf
Stranger than Fiction

Good:

A Night at the Roxberry

Average:

Taladaga Nights
Superstar
Zoolander
Old School

Bad:
Kicking and Screaming
Bewitched

Will's score: 6

matthew said...

haha, i don't know if 'flight of the navigator' can count. he was just a voice, right? I will have to trust your judgment that the rest of his movies aren't 'bad' seeing as how i've never seen any of them :)

As for Ferrell, I don't like him. But I do want to see 'stranger than fiction' and i thought 'elf' was decently done. I am a lone ranger, i guess, in my hatred for anchorman

Kirk said...

actually you're right my bad on Flight of the navigator. I forgot that rule. All his amazing work on Murphy Brown and his plethora of emmys for the pee wee herman show and his hosting of You don't know Jack the tv series make up for it though. (I know none of those are movies...yet Pee Wee's Playhouse is to become a movie next year. Woooooo Whoooooo