Thursday, June 02, 2005

Fun With Footnotes

A while ago, for the first time ever, my blog-post included footnotes.* I really enjoy footnotes! I have read some books where the footnotes are my favorite part.** I especially like when footnotes are used humorously,*** but many times footnotes contain specific information that is quite interesting.**** It is a little bothersome, however, when a book has too many footnotes.***** I've seen cases where the footnotes are long enough to have their own footnotes!******


*The link to that post can be found
HERE
**For example, Paul Maier's book In The Fullness of Time was a bit dry, but his footnotes were very interesting
***Jason Boyett makes humorous use of footnotes in Pocket Guide to the Apocalypse*******
****In Maier's book, for example, the footnotes mention the leading theories as to the exact day/year of Christ's death********
*****I suppose a blog post could fall under the same critique, although I've never seen footnotes overdone in a blog
******Of course, an actual 2nd set of footnotes was never used, but I think they should have been


*******A review of Boyett's book can be found
HERE
********The most likely date is April 3rd, 33AD

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

im with you on this one, footnotes rule!

Heather Durkee said...

bored???? Hehehe...
I'm glad you got to see the doerfels. They are hard to come by as they travel so much. I spent a lot of time with them when I was in WNY. BTW--who did you get to lead worship for you?

matthew said...

No one

PLAN A and PLAN B failed

We'll have our own people lead worship I guess...we'll just be missing a bunch of them.

Anonymous said...

Yay for footnotes!!

btw, this is Li-hsin~

Hello, Matthew!!!

matthew said...

hey Li-hsin!

Thanks for checking out my blog :)

matthew said...

even # of comments