Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Idol #3

I came into the night expecting an 'all David' finale (and I still think that is a distinct possibility), but I am going to go outside the box and declare that I had Syesha Mercado as the winner of Tuesday's episode. I want to say a few things about Syesha. First, she has consistently improved throughout the contest, which I admire. Second, not that this matters much, but tonight she was the best dressed performer in the history of American Idol. Third, in contrast to the judges, I thought the 2nd song (Fever) was great (it was the only '9' I gave out on the night). Fourth, I hope she makes the finals over David Archuleta. I had the David's tied for 2nd place on the evening. Cook's songs were too short and he avoided the parts that would have been 'make or break' moments. I was disappointed, but I still want him to win. Archuleta was his boring old self. Technically quite good, but practically quite boring and predictable.

The Judges seem to want an all David finale, but I think we might be in for a surprise.

No comments: