Tuesday, May 13, 2008

China's Quake

The 7.9 earthquake that hit China had an epicenter in the SiChuan Province which is where I went 3 times on short term missions trips. It originated a little more than 50 miles from Chengdu which is the airport I flew into. Communications are, for the most part, cut-off from these areas. If you will, please pray for my friends at Da Qiao school.

On another note, one of my mentors, Fran Strong, is currently in China. This year, he did not go to the SiChuan Province. He was in Beijing at the time of the quake (the earthquake was felt even in Beijing). He is OK. Thanks to the Lord.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mathew, i'm really worried. I'm so glad to hear that Fran is OK. Have you heard from any of the people you met in SiChuan yet?
Li-hsin

Anonymous said...

Hey I got an email from someone I worked with in Sichuan. She said all the people I know are OK. I'm relieved! I hope Fran brings good news from DaQiao back for you..

Li-hsin :)