Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Tuesday @ Camp

I missed breakfast today. Bummer. I woke up around 8:30. My sister and the crew wanted me to play non-table-tennis. We decided to do a double elimination tournament, but we didn't have enough time to eliminate anyone today. Here were the results:

Matthew 6 Lauren 0
Nate 6 Phil 2
Lauren 6 Brandon 4

After that I went to John's Bible study on being still before God. Then lunch. Then I was locked out of my room all afternoon because Aaron and his dad went driving and I had left my key in my tennis shorts. But I played some ping pong and took my adorable niece for a walk in the crick. Here are the ping pong results:

Lost to Nate 21-17
Lost to Nate 21-17
Defeated Nate 21-18

If you've noticed, my side of the score has improved every time against Nate, so now I consider myself the king of things in these parts. The everning service was moved to the cafeteria because it's like 100 degrees out and the sanctuary isn't air-conditioned. It was about moving outside our comfort zone. Kinda ironic. Then we played some more table tennis. I defeated Aaron & Phil a couple times each and lost to a stranger named Tim. But strangers don't count. So I've really only lost to Nate.

6 comments:

Maki said...

Do you like sport,Matthew?
I don't like sport:(
But I like to watch soccer game.

matthew said...

Yes, I like some sports very much. My favorite sports are american football, hockey, and baseball.

If I watch soccer, I start to fall asleep :)

Maki said...

Yes!When I was high school student,my English teacher said that it's not popular to watch soccer game in America and Canada.Because flow of game is too slowly.So they like basketball and american football,baseball...etc.These flow of game are very fast.

I like The World Cup very much.I watched 2006 FIFA WORLD CUP every night on TV.I stood up all night then:)

matthew said...

I love to stay up all night. But I wouldn't stay up to watch soccer :)

Have you ever seen hockey? The flow of hockey is very fast, it is my favorite.

Maki said...

No,I have never seen hockey.It's not popular in Japan.But I want to watch the game.My Canadian friend Steve played hockey in Canada.

Anonymous said...

Tims no stranger, we added him to our group for a few days .... DUH. lol - It counts ;)