Thursday, July 27, 2006

Sabres Updates

About once a week I think about creating a 3rd blog devoted entirely to the Sabres, but I think I'll just post stuff on here once in a while. Today is looking like a pretty interesting day in Sabreland. Last week I posted my arbitration guesses. I was $1,000,000 off on my first guess! Thankfully, our GM Darcy Regier has made long term deals with the next four on the arbitration list.

Today, the Sabres announced they will have a press conference to discuss the new jersey's. I posted some of the potential logo's a while back. Rumor had it that the bottom-right logo on that link was the Sabres future logo. Fans weren't too happy. Over 22,000 signed a petition against it! So we'll see what the announcment is today at 4pm I guess. Below you'll find the logo I'd pick if it were my choice:


5 comments:

Aaron Perry said...

don't break the sabres from the matthew you never knew! no separation of hockey and ministry/bible/personal! it's all one!

i noticed you were lower on your salary awards than actual. the briere signing scared regier, i think. scared me!

nice move by the leafs today: signing wade belak. playoffs, here we come!

matthew said...

I was wrong about Briere (and so were the Sabres). More accurately, I think the arbitrator was wrong! Briere has never had more than 65 points in a season!

As for the other salaries, I think I was fairly close. Since the guys are signing long term deals, we can expect the average to be a little higher than my 1 year estimate.

I didn't hear about Belak. Not bad. They should make the playoffs.

Heather Durkee said...

This post reminds me how much a Buffalonian you really are. People in Buffalo love their teams!

Anyway -- go Sabres!

Aaron Perry said...

i thought you did a better job than the arbitrator. ridiculous that briere is getting so much. remember: keep hte sabres on this page!

matthew said...

yep, i'll keep sports talk on this page, you're right.

Sabres settled with Connolly today, so i'm going to go find out what kind of deal he got. Darcy is definitely staying away from arbitration now!