Saturday, July 15, 2006

Apostolic Fathers

I have recently (and sacrilegiously) completed 'The Apostolic Fathers' on my toilet. It's a pretty thick book, so it took many sittings to complete it. But alas, I am done. Of course, I had skimmed some of the Apostolic Father's in the past, but this was my first serious and slow reading of the material. My favorite writings were 'Martyrdom of Polycarp', 'Epistle of Barnabas', & the 'Epistle to Diognetus'.



Now that I have completely boreded out 90% of my readership over the past week, I shall try to win them back with more posts about me, the star of 'the matthew never knew'...but first I have to pick my next bathroom book

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suggest either Calvin and Hobbes or The Far Side.

But does that count as fiction to you?

Jo said...

i liked reading the apostolic fathers. and i appreciated the posts! just so you know.

matthew said...

yep, i'm gonna call that fiction

I decided i'd try NT Wright's NT & the people of God

thanks joanna

Richards' said...

It's neat how those links form an arrow...

matthew said...

good observation. i hadn't noticed that :)