Sunday, May 14, 2006

Midnight Oil

This is my favorite mother's day oriented song. I dedicate this post to my mother who, thankfully, wants nothing more than to see her 5 children all walking with the Lord.

Mama always got up early
And she never went to bed 'til late
Yet, I never heard her complainin'
About her family of eight
There were times she should have been sleepin'
But, late in the midnight hour
She'd get down on her knees
And you could hear her say,
"Lord fill them will your power"

Mama like to burn the midnight oil
Down on her knees in prayer
If you asked why she did it
She said she did it cuz she cared
Mama knew that Jesus was waiting
When she knelt by her rocking chair
Oh, I'm glad my mama was willin'
To burn the midnight oil in prayer


~Phillips, Craig & Dean

No comments: