Monday, May 15, 2006

Teaching Statistics

Every May I evaluate the progress I've made toward my goal to teach through the entire Bible 3 times during my years in pastoral ministry. I'm making decent progress through phase 1. Here are the updated numbers:

20.2% of the Bible (+7.8%)

16.4% of the Old Testament (+6.1%)
22.5% of the Pentateuch (+21.9%)
8.4% of the Historical Books (+1.2%)
22.6% of the Poetical Books (+0%)
13.6% of the Prophets (+4.8%)

33.8% of the New Testament (+14.2%)
27.4% of the Gospels/Acts (+6%)
6.9% of the Pauline Epistles (+5.8%)
89.3% of the Non-Pauline Epistles (+44.7%)

*The numbers are slightly less than accurate in that not all my teaching is covered. For example, I've been teaching through the parables for 17 weeks, but since they are not entire chapters I have not accounted for such teaching in this evaluation. **Currently I am teaching through Genesis, Lamentations, Luke, and the Parables ***This year I have plans to teach through Ruth, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther, Hosea, Philippians, Colossians, 1 & 2 Thessalonians and 1 & 2 Timothy.

No comments: