Saturday, May 27, 2006

Are there other gods?

I've become a polytheist. I now believe that there are hockey gods. They are very evil and they hate Buffalo. The Sabres have lost a ton of players during there quest for the cup. It's too bad, because they had a real good shot at winning this year and now things don't look promising at all.

My 2 favorite players are both out. Tim Connolly, possibly the Sabres best playmaker, is out with a concusion. Henrik Tallinder, possibly the Sabres best overall defensemen, is out with a broken arm. In addition, the Sabes have lost their 2 other top 5 d-men in Dimitri Kalinin & Teppo Numminen. Adam Mair, who missed most of the 2nd half of the season, could be ready to come back next game.

Why are the hockey gods against us? Will the city of Buffalo ever outgun their ghosts?

1 comment:

Kirk said...

This is interesting. You are actually a Buffalo fan. There are not a lot of them outside of the Buffalo area. I am actually a Carolina fan. There are even less of us outside of North Carolina. I'm not confident at all yet. Any team that can beat Ottawa can win two in a row. I just hope that Carolina destroys even more of Buffalo's players.