Sunday, May 28, 2006

Branscombe Flashback

Today, while thinking about my parable study for tonight, a possible chiasm-like structure jumped out at me. I have Branscombe to thank (or destroy) for having eyes that notice this type of thing. If there is some validity to this chiasm, it seems to put the emphasis on the parable of the wicked tenants. This makes sense to me since it is a clear and powerful story that covers pretty much the entire history of the Bible.

A. Jerusalem’s Celebration (Matt. 21:1-11)
---B. Jesus’ Anger at Jerusalem (Matt. 21:12-17)
------C. Condemns Fig Tree (Matt. 21:18-22)
---------D. Questioning Jesus (Matt. 21:23-27)
------------E. Parable of 2 Sons (Matt. 21:28-32)
---------------F. Wicked Tenants (Matt. 21:33-46)
------------E. Parable of Wedding Feast (Matt. 22:1-14)
---------D. Questioning Jesus (Matt. 22:15-46)
------C. Condemns Religious Leaders (Matt. 23:1-36)
---B. Jesus’ Compassion for Jerusalem (Matt. 23:37-39)
A. Jerusalem’s Destruction (Matt. 24:1-35)

5 comments:

Julie said...

Matthew,
Could you add Aza B to your site? here is the url: http://www.azabutcher.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

matthew said...

y/w

Julie said...

I noticed that Trish's link to her blog site is wrong. The only thing you need to change is the fact that you have your site address infront of yours. Just thought you would like to know!

matthew said...

thanks Julie :) I should hire you as a blog assistant

Julie said...

I would not mind the extra money...HEHE. No I just thought you would like to know. I know it would drive me crazy if I didn't know...Or would it? I don't know! But I just thought you would like to know!

-Blog Assistance