Monday, April 10, 2006

Another Festivus Miracle

Alright, so this isn't about 'Festivus'. And it's not a 'miracle'. But it is 'another' since something very similar happened last Palm Sunday. In fact, I posted about this 'coincidence' a year ago. Here's the quote:
On Sunday nights we've been going through the book of Revelation. Today being Palm Sunday, I wanted to somehow connect Chapter 7 to the triumphal entry. How in the world was I gonna do that? Well, it just so happens that the waving/laying of palms is only mentioned twice in the whole New Testament. John 12:13 at the triumphal entry and, you guessed it, Revelation 7:9
This year I wasn't anticipating another coincidence because I had Sunday night off due to a concert, but I got one anyways. I've been teaching a Sunday School class and we recently started a study through Luke. I was wondering how I could tie Luke 3:1-20 in with Palm Sunday when I read the words of John the Baptist "out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham" and was reminded of similar words from the mouth of Jesus. He was asked by the pharisees to rebuke His disciples for being joyful (go figure) and replied, "if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out".

And the context of that quote? You guessed it again. The Triumphal Entry. Coincidence? Not sure. But 2 for 2 ain't bad.

2 comments:

Mommy of Four said...

Off-subject, but I changed that setting and I posted a new post, but I am obviously still not registering on your blogroller

matthew said...

crapitty crap crap

One day I will figure it out