Thursday, March 30, 2006

Poll-o-Rama

I am an active member of a large Christian message board. One of the forums on this particular board is made up of nothing but polls. Here are some of the more interesting poll results:

When did you become a Christian?
20-29 = 31%
10-19 = 30%
0-9 = 18%
30-39 = 12%
Other = 09%

Thoughts: I found this pretty surprising. I have been told so many times that almost everyone gets saved before they are 20 and that 20 somethings are the hardest people to reach.

What denominational family are you part of?
Baptist 32%
Pentecostal 20%
Independant 10%
Holiness 9%
Anglican 6%
Other 23%

Thoughts: I actually posted this poll after I read Ron Rhodes Complete Guide to Christian Denominations. The results were pretty much exactly what I anticipated.

Where do you stand on the issue of eternal security?
A believer can fall and lose salvation 48%
A believer can fall but are still safe 31%
A believer cannot fall 21%

Thoughts: Pretty much half in half in terms of whether we are eternally secure or not. But I am baffled by people picking the middle category.

Do you speed?
Yes 75%
No 25%

Thoughts: Somehow I get caught behind that 25% every day on my way to church.

1 comment:

Mommy of Four said...

Isn't it funny (and I use that term loosely) how only on Sunday mornings people go the speed limit or under? Like they think that if they speed on their way to church they'll get struck down wwith lightning or something. I am definitely not in that 25%. I will confess that. I'm the 75%, especially on Sunday mornings:)