Thursday, March 02, 2006

Glorified Garbage Man

A couple weeks ago I awoke to the sound of the garbage truck coming down the road. I rushed outside and got the 2 bins to the road just in time to watch the truck drive by. Turns out they only do one side of the road at a time now. I wonder if they were laughing as they passed me by.

Segue to seriousness

Sometimes pastor's are treated quite a bit like garbage men. Some people expect pastors to clean up their garbage, but they're not interested in following the garbage man anywhere. They want the pastor to use their 'authority' to confront a foe, but aren't interested in the pastor's 'authority' when it comes to positive spiritual direction.

If enough people treat the pastor like that, he'll probably loose his vision and end up in the dumps.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you read my mind this morning Matthew...