Friday, January 13, 2006

Known Dreams

This morning I woke up at 9:30 to answer the phone. Then I 'kinda' went back to sleep. Or did I? It was an in-between stage for sure. I was half-awake. The 'dream' was set in Beijing, China. I knew what I was seeing wasn't real. In fact, it was somewhat hard to maintain the dream. If things started getting blurry, I had to concentrate and the street signs would get clear again (but I could tell if I had concentrated TOO hard I would have woken up). I figured the funniest thing to do in this state would be to read the street signs and see if they made sense (because I've always wondered how detail-accurate dreams are). But alas, they were all written in Chinese characters. Go figure! Hey, I wonder if they were REAL Chinese characters.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

i had a dream that i talked siwati, but when i concentrated really hard it was only a few words and the rest was english.

second love the blog-roller-update feature.

Kirk said...

Yeah i've had that dream turns out it's not Chinese but a dialect of the Fiji people.

Anonymous said...

Guess who's back...
Wow, I'm so impressed with your blog updater thingy, I just wrote my blog, like, 2 hours ago and I checked your site and it already has the ***'s. Amazing where do I sign up for one?

matthew said...

Very interesting elizabeth!

haha kirk, thanks for the info

yeah, missed ya coady :) @ the bottom of the list if you click the word blogrolling it'll take you to the site i used to provide the update feature.