Thursday, January 12, 2006

Did Lost Jump the Shark?

Yesterday there was a new episode of 'Lost' for the first time since November. But even before that it was evident the show was slowing down. Anyways, in this episode (entitled 'The 23rd Psalm') a thick black cloud approaches and hovers in front of one of the characters. So it seems the show is definitely going sci-fi on us. I was hoping it wouldn't. I like sci-fi, but only when I know I'm watching sci-fi.

It reminded me of the movie 'Signs'. I really liked the movie UNTIL they showed the alien. I wanted it to remain a mystery. So I'm afraid Lost may have jumped the shark.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Crap. I missed last night's episode. But in its defense, there's been weird crap happening on Lost since the beginning.

matthew said...

yeah. that's true.

but i guess i was hoping it was gonna be explained by insanity or the 'others' trying to creep them out.

now i just hope they make it part of a 'science experiment' that got out of control. i don't know. i just hope the cloud isn't a ghost or an entity with a personality...but it seems to be going that way.