Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Saving Blog Time

Too many blogs, too little time???

I have been so pleased by 'blogrollings' UPDATED feature that I wanted to make sure everyone was aware of it. On my list, if a name has "***" next to it, it implies that that blog has been updated within the last 24 hours. I have found it to be accurate over 90% of the time so far. So instead of clicking through almost 70 blogs every few days, I click 5 or so a day that I know are updated. This makes my mood better and, therefore, I am more willing to leave captivating comments.

5 comments:

swITCHFUTgUY said...

if you use gmail or have a google account you can use www.google.com/reader it's an rss feeder and seems to do the trick for me you just enter everyone's feed address which for blogger is http://****.blogspot.com/atom.xml

works pretty nice for me

Robin said...

Safari for Mac has an RSS feature too, but I haven't figured out how to use it yet. I do most of my blog reading at work anyway, so Blogrolling seems like a good option. I use my blog as a portal so this would be a good addition.

Jo said...

your asterick thing doesn't work for my blog when i update. oh well.

matthew said...

my best guess is that it doesn't read 'hidden' blogs. like, since yours isn't found at the bottom of your profile page.

just a guess though

Robin said...

Mine has stars even though I haven't blogged in over a week. Does it read comments too, and count them as an update?