Friday, November 18, 2005

OT Grace

I was struck tonight by God's grace as we continued our study through Genesis . One of the most humbling verses in Scripture is Genesis 6:5, "Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually." It was for this reason that God judged the world by the flood.

But there is a very similar verse two chapters later, "I will never again curse the ground for man’s sake, although the imagination of man’s heart is evil from his youth; nor will I again destroy every living thing as I have done." The situation was the same. Man was still evil. But God's grace was on the move.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

1 comment:

matthew said...

I am unfamiliar with the sky God. I only know the God who came down. Either way, I'm sure both Gods are against stereotyping :)