Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Sleep Chart 1

Each Tuesday I'll be posting and examining my sleep statistics. Feel free to join in as I try to reach my goal of sleeping from about 1:30-8:30 each night. This week, I'll explain my failure by saying I had to record the problem so I know what I'm working against.

Tuesday 7-12 (5)
Wednesday 1-6:30 (5.5)
Thursday 2:30-11:30 (9)
Friday 3-5pm, 3:30-11 (9.5)
Saturday 3:30-7:30 (4)
Sunday 2:00-12:00 (10)
Monday 4:00-10 (6.0)

Too Little, Too Much, Just Right

The Good- Averaged 7 hours/night, exactly what I have in mind. The Bad- The norm seems to be something in the 3-11 range. The Ugly- I'd imagine it's healthy to keep all nights b/w 6.5 and 8.5, but I had ZERO nights like that.

Each week I'll add a healthy habit and see how much it impacts the stats. This week I pledge to not eat after 10pm.

8 comments:

Richards' said...

As I read your blog, Astro's are winning 1-0 :) I still think they should have kept the roof closed! But, either way, Astro's are rocking the house!

Steph said...

try not doing anything but sleeping in your bedroom if that is at all possible. Reading might be ok, unless you're like me and can't put a book down. That way your brain will associate the room with sleep and not with thinking/work etc.

matthew said...

I actually fall asleep very quickly everywhere BUT my bedroom.

Elizabeth said...

its cause you stay up to talk with me, go to bed before i come online...but then who would i talk to?

Robin said...

How does a pastor sleep till noon on Sunday and get away with it?

matthew said...

Hmmm...my chart is a lil unclear. When I say 'Sunday' I mean 'Sunday night', but I don't fall asleep until it is, technically 'Monday'

So to answer your question. I woke up at 7:30 on Sunday morning, but that information is found under 'Saturday' on my chart. :)

Anonymous said...

okay, but even so, how can you sleep that late every other day? do your superiors not care when you go into the office?

I think I've asked this before because I'm so intrigued by it.

matthew said...

Our senior pastor just wants me to do the job and doesn't seem to care what hours I work. He reads this blog frequently and can correct me if I'm wrong :)

Of course, I'm not sure why 9-5 is preferable over 12-8. In fact, I think it's kinda silly. Since there are many church events in the evenings, it wouldn't make sense for me to drive home and come back 3 times a week.