Sunday, October 23, 2005

Elizabethtown

Once again I served as chauffeur for my sister and her friends as they went to see a scary movie. I, however, hate scary movies (b/c they are dumb and not scary) so I picked Elizabethtown b/c I find Kirsten Dunst uniquely appealing. This movie was a lot like Garden State. But I'm going to give it a lower grade for a few reasons: 1. It wasn't as funny. 2. Dunst is not quite as cute as Portman. 3. It didn't flow as well. It seemed like patchwork, a bunch of decent ideas crammed together lazily.

Rating: 5.9
Status: Average

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matthew- you are supposed to be using these outings to meet people, not watch movies!!

-Katie

matthew said...

I was TRYING to meet Kirsten Dunst!

-Matthew

Dancin' said...

Mattheq, U need to read my Top Ten Reasons I enjoyed Elizabethtown on "My Space" on MSN. I loved Elizabethtown, it's not the BESTest romantic film ever. I did go from hating Claire to wanting to marry her though. I do agree there were some random thoughts that appeated in the movie.