Monday, May 30, 2005

Knocking Out the Devil

Today I read this article about Craig Stanley's mission to have the New Jersey Devils change their nickname. He's a baptist deacon and his name-change resolution will be introduced to the NJ State Assembly next month.

"I've always cringed when people say they're going to see the Devils. The merchandise, the paraphernalia is based on the actual demonic devil. Personally, it causes a little bit of an issue with me."

The team's mascot is a red, cartoonish figure with horns and a goatee

Am I the only one that thinks this guy needs to grow up?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be the first to agree with you Matt.

Zeppellina said...

Then I will be the third, fundamentalist interefence in government seems to be rife at the moment, look at what is happening on Highway 69.
Where is the Great American silent majority, I lament at times!!!!!!

matthew said...

I'll be the 4th

Oh wait...it was my post :(