Saturday, April 16, 2005

The Truman Show

The Truman Show is one of the most creatively unique movies I've ever seen. I guess people have had similar ideas, but never was that idea carried out to near perfection like it was with this film.

Jim Carrey plays the world's most famous man, but he doesn't know it. His life is broadcast to the whole world. His friends and family are actors. He has no clue. The movie focuses on the time in his life where he starts to figure out that something is not quite right in his world.

This was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen, but what makes it one of my all-time favorite movies in general is that it's also very thought provoking. As a Christian, I saw doctines illustrated by this film. I know different people viewed it different ways, but I saw the shows creator as Satan and Carrey as mankind. Satan hides reality from us, limiting our perspective, but the Spirit helps us to overcome our fears and reach for something beyond what is seen.

But the great thing about this movie is that you can enjoy it without reading anything into it whatsoever.

Rating: 9.6
Status: Must Tell Others

No comments: