Thursday, April 14, 2005

Seven

You've gotta have a stomach to watch Seven. It's rated R for serious reasons so don't watch it if you can't take it. This movie made me sick to my stomach on numerous occasions. That being said, no movie has left me thinking like this movie did.

I honestly sympathized with the bad guy while simultaneously despising him. In some ways he had the perfect message, but used the most horrible method to deliver it. The contrast between the leading characters is phenomenal. The quote at the end of the movie has become part of my world view.

"Ernest Hemingway once wrote, 'the world is a fine place and worth fighting for.' I agree with the second part."

Rating: 9.4
Status: Must Tell Others

2 comments:

Jo said...

Matt, I've always REALLY liked that Hemmingway quote. I think I heard it in High school. I've even had that on my quote wall at different points of my life. It has a LOTR-ish quality. It implies striving for the betterment of humanity even if you don't ever see any fruit/effectiveness of your labor;it says, "fight! persevere, Hold the Line, stay the course, never give up, believe."

matthew said...

I was a lil upset, in the commentary, when the director said he'd have preferred to not have the quote...to me it perfectly capped the movie