Monday, April 18, 2005

Meet Joe Black

This has got to be my favorite movie of all times. Maybe it's the rebel in me. Most people that start watching this movie don't finish. They say it's too long. They say it's too boring. They say it's too stupid. I, on the other hand, have seen it many times and love it.

Meet Joe Black is a loose re-creation of Death Takes a Holiday. Brad Pitt plays Death personified. He offers Anthony Hopkins a chance to live a few extra days in exchange for a tour of life to the fullest. The result is a funny, thoughtful, elegant, well-acted couple of hours complete with various life philosophies, a bad guy, and even a love story (with Claire Forlani, perhaps the prettiest girl in the world, as deaths love interest).

There's no movie I quote more, there's no movie I watch more, there's no movie I love more. I urge you to Meet Joe Black.

Rating: 9.8
Status: Must Tell Others

2 comments:

Sarah Gomez said...

It took you awhile, but you sold me on it. I may even buy it on DVD someday. Who knows. I still need to buy I Am Sam

matthew said...

yeah...that's decent