Wednesday, March 02, 2005

My Ten Life Values

I value OPTIMISM in light of our promised future. Looking at the bigger picture allows us to stay positive. I value BALANCE in life personally and relationally. No storm in any one area should be able to knock down a person of wholeness. I value PEACE of heart. Stress doesn’t accomplish things. Know that God is in control. I value TRUTH that is tested, thought out, deep, fundamental, practical, timeworn and evidential. I value ORDER in private and public settings. Structure brings productivity and brings God glory. I value EXPRESSION of truth. Truth should be expressed through preaching, teaching, testifying, sharing and singing. I value COMPETITION between those with differing abilities, skills, opinions and doctrines. Iron sharpens iron. Debating issues is an important procedure in understanding and clarifying truth. I value SERVICE to others. We should be givers rather than takers; holding the needs of others as we hold our own. I value RELIABILITY. Inconsistency is a sign of insincerity. Finish what you start. I value QUALITY over quantity. Better to have one authentic anything than one hundred superficial somethings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it spells OBPTOECSR.

Way to go!

matthew said...

hmmm...i may have to bust out the thesaurus or do some re-arranging