Thursday, March 03, 2005

Sleep Charts Stink

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know I used to do sleep charts every week. If you search the archives, you won't find them. Those posts have been replaced. I now HATE sleep charts. They were keeping me up at night.

Since I quit charting my sleep, I've been sleeping at more reasonable hours. Lately I've been falling asleep about 1:30 am. Quite an improvement from 4ish. And I've been waking up earlier too. It's been great.

I owe this change to Napoleon Dynamite and Pilgrim's Progress. 7 nights in a row I fell asleep while listening to Napoleon and Kip bicker. And then my Pilgrim's Progress audio book arrived in the mail. I've fallen asleep listening to it 3 or 4 nights in a row now. I think I like audio books. I know I like Napoleon Dynamite. And I'm definitely liking my latest sleep patterns.

6 comments:

Sarah Gomez said...

Haha, isn't it funny when we stop FOCUSING on something how quickly it changes. Ok, not always.. but often. Your sleep... it's been YEARS since you started tracking your sleep... back when we were dating, I heard about it all the time ;) It never got any better. Until now that you stopped paying attention to it..

Hmmm.. that makes me think.. what in my life am I paying more attention to than is due it? I'm sure there is something. I'll figure it out. In the meantime, back to my tree!!

matthew said...

How's the tree coming by the way?

Sarah Gomez said...

yikes.. well... there's a trunk...
i'm trying to figure out how to do the top realistically.. i have the example picture.. but it's harder than i anticipated

matthew said...

What are you using for the trunk?

Sarah Gomez said...

Actually, mom and I went over to look at it today and we figured it all out!!! Everything is cut, it just needs to be stapled together and painted and strengthened by extra cardboard. The whole thing is made of cardboard. As long as it works for a week, I'm good to go!

Check my site for pictures sometime midweek!!

matthew said...

I'll look forward to the pics