Monday, October 25, 2004

Top 20 Movies

It's hard to make a list like this for a couple of reasons. First, it's hard to rank comedies and dramas on the same list. Second, some of the rankings are pry influenced by mood or which film I saw most recently. But here's a pretty good indicator of my top 20:
  1. MEET JOE BLACK
  2. THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION
  3. THE TRUMAN SHOW
  4. ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF A SPOTLESS MIND
  5. SEVEN
  6. CAST AWAY
  7. JERRY MCGUIRE
  8. PATCH ADAMS
  9. BEN HUR
  10. DUMB AND DUMBER
  11. MR. HOLLANDS OPUS
  12. GROUNDHOG DAY
  13. THE DEVIL’S ADVOCATE
  14. OCEAN’S ELEVEN
  15. BANDITS
  16. A BEAUTIFUL MIND
  17. THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO
  18. MINORITY REPORT
  19. TOTALL RECALL
  20. WHAT ABOUT BOB

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the correct spelling is P-r-o-b-a-b-l-y

matthew said...

You're prolly right

Anonymous said...

I liked a few of those but different tastes make the world go round.
I saw "Chase" one week before the Academy awards, and though I didn't know it was even in the running emailed all my friends with a "must see" note. One of those 'sleepers'. Some of my favorites are (anything with Jim Carey), Shreck 1 and 2; American History X; Planes, Trains, and Automobiles; The Green Mile; Whale Rider (Another great sleeper). My kids and grandkids think I'm weird. I call it being a 'happy whacky'.

Terry said...

Napolean Daynamite? Or did that not come out yet? Since I'm a decade late reading your blog?