Tuesday, October 26, 2004

That Step

When I was in High School, I was very very shy. This is a poem I wrote in 12th grade about a girl I liked for a lil while:

THAT STEP
So many times I looked at you
Momentarily alone
And I stopped to think what I could say
With you all to my own

But as I took that first step
At least I did in thought

Another came and stole away

The chance that I had sought

There were others in the meantime
I thought could take your place
But something more was missing
Than just your smiling face


As we became good friends

I thought perhaps its time

But time became the enemy

As I waited for a sign


I didn’t seize the day

I worried through the night

Without a forward step soon

Would you be gone from sight


And on that final day

The enemy rolled by

I didn’t say a word

I couldn’t even cry


I hope I never see you

Walking down the street

Or hear about your life

Lest I feel incomplete


But if you see me someday

And wonder if it’s fate

Give me a staring glance
Perhaps that step I’ll take


3 comments:

matthew said...

Thanks Kari :)

I will probably post old stuff like that on days I can't think of any new stuff to blog about.

Glad you did well on your test btw

matthew said...

You're welcome Kari

Anonymous said...

Still my favorite...