Thursday, February 27, 2014

My Trade Values

I wanted to document my thoughts on the trade value of those Sabres players most likely to be traded by next Friday's NHL trade deadline.

Ryan Miller- As I said in my previous post, I'm thinking he returns a cap dump (or two), a 1st round pick, and a very good prospect.

Steve Ott- I think his value is non-lottery 1st round pick. I wouldn't be surprise if he brings back slightly more than that, but I would be disappointed if he only brought back a 2nd. If we get a prospect in return, that'll be harder to analyze, but it should be at least someone ranked 7.0 on hockeysfuture.com.

Matt Moulson- We're probably talking a 1st round pick and a decent prospect here. I tend to think Murray will prefer to use Moulson to acquire someone closer to NHL ready than a draft pick would be. Someone like Tyler Toffoli from LA should be the target. I'm also not against re-signing Moulson. I think he'd look real good next to a good young center to be drafted in the next 2 drafts.

Hank Tallinder- I think he could fetch a 2nd rounder.

It's too hard to predict who else might be traded.


No comments: