Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Where I would be instead of here

I've continued to be sick from last week... so at the risk of using up too much brain power, I am going to give you a little list of my top 5 dream jobs. Mine, unlike Matthew's, are a little bit more realistic (I like to think so, anyways).

5) Dean of Students: This wasn't something I had thought about before, but a couple people have told me they thought I would be good at something like this... and it sounds pretty interesting for me.

4) Youth Worker: I do this somewhat on a part-time basis already, but I don't feel that I have enough time to do it the way I would like to and fully develop some things as I could if it was a full-time job. I wouldn't feel comfortable doing this though until I had gotten a little more formal training in some areas. I have always been a fan of higher education (which is also important for job #5).

3) Stay at Home Mom: This, of course, is only possible if you have children :-)

2) Owner & Manager of a Bed&Breakfast: Something like that has always interested me. I'm not sure why. I just know that if it was a feasible option, I would totally turn our barn and the surrounding property into a little get-a-way for people.

1) Author: I've always enjoyed writing stories, and I think I am quite good at it. I am a perfectionist, though, and I don't feel that anything I could produce right now would meet my personal standards because I don't have any time to dedicate to it. In a perfect world I might, but now I don't.

If I were independently wealthy and didn't have to work for money, I would definitely pursue numbers 4 through 1

Now, don't you feel closer to me for knowing all that?

~Katie

1 comment:

matthew said...

enough of this.

your job is to make me dinner!

j/k. Obviously we've had some conversations about each of these. I think you'd be great at all of them. It's so sad, sometimes, that there are only 24 hours in a day!