Greetings, all! This is Katie Rose here, Matthew's "favorite" wife. As I'm sure many of you have noticed, Matthew has been very lackadaisical with his blog posts. I'm sure many of you have also noticed that he tends to blame ME for that... first I want to assure you that is not the case! At least twice a week I pester him about not having anything interesting to post on his blog. In an effort to stop my "nagging" (can it be called nagging if we've only been married for 140 days????) Matthew has decided that I will be responsible for posting on Wednesdays since he "really only has something to post about on Monday's and Fridays."
That means, folks, no more hopefully clicking on your "Matthew Never Knew" link day after day, only to discover the same post about American Idol or his recent Bible Study (not to say your Bible Studies aren't good, sweetie!!!) from the week before. You don't have to thank me, but, you know, it would be rude of me to turn down a gift. Just so you know.
At this point, Matthew hasn't laid down any rules for me with this, except that my first post had to be about my favorite 3 TV shows. So, like the good, dutiful wife I am:
1) *: I was a kid. Yes, some of you may scoff and say you remember watching shows when they first aired..... my response is thank you for being the trial audience, so when I watched TV, I got to see the best of the best. For some reason, Hogan's Heroes became my favorite. Last year Matthew bought the entire series on DVD for me. My husband rocks. (Note to audience: These are free-will compliments; I am not being forced)
2) The Office**: I love the sarcastic humor in this. Sometimes, though, it is painful to watch when Michael is embarrassing himself. I can’t wait to start watching this season’s episodes.
3) There is a four-way tie for 3rd place:
- Bones: Yet another show I didn’t get to see yet this year, but it’s not my fault! The fall was crazy with getting engaged and planning a wedding, so those 3 DVR’d episodes turned into 10, and then 15… and then something happened to the DVR and they were all erased. I am very anxious to find out what happened. From the commercials I see, it was good.
- Eureka: Normally, I don’t like Scifi shows. But I really like the lead character, Jack Carter ( ) and the cross between his intelligence and his “dumb jock” attitude.
- Chuck: This is a new show, and I recommend you watch it when it comes back on next season!! Chuck is adorable. I think he has a lot of qualities that remind me of Matthew… if Matthew was a computer nerd that worked at Best Buy and had a college roommate who was a spy that turned Matthew into one and he was secretly working day after day to save the free world……
- How Clean is your house: This is a BBC show that I don’t know how I got hooked on, but I started by watching episodes on YouTube. Then we got cable.. and then eventually a DVR! So now I record several a day and watch them when I can. It is very sad and disgusting how some of these people live; I don’t recommend eating while watching it. BUT, it has some good cleaning tips/remedies, and if I’m not in the mood to clean, I certainly am after watching a couple episodes!!! Matthew is upset that I have over 50 saved on the DVR right now... but I just want to point out that it’s the ONLY thing on the DVR, so I’m not wasting space.
So there you have it… my life- er, my tv story. I hope it wasn’t too long or too boring. If it was… feel free to blame my husband.
See you next week!
*Hogan's Heroes gets the number one slot based on the fact that I watch it over and over and over again. If I could only watch one TV show for the rest of my life, this would be it…
** or this would.. I haven't gotten to watch them over and over yet, so it might be the better choice.