Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

I met my mother when I was very little. She seemed tired. And ever since then, my mom has had plenty of reasons to stay tired (though she's since regained her vigor). My mother has been a full-time mom while all along being a part-time employee. She's been a faithful daughter, wife, mother & friend. She's been a problem solver, a ministry leader, and a worry wart (but in the way that reminds you that she cares, a lot). I have never, for one moment, doubted that my mom loves me (and I know that not all people can say that). I've seen her weep when one of us hurts her. I've noticed her enjoying when we're all together. My mom is fun (truth be told, most of the girlfriends I've had have liked her better than they liked me!). My mom calls me 'Cutie Man!' on MSN almost every day. My mom wants nothing more than to have her children love the Lord and live happy lives. Well, I love the Lord and I'm very happy. And I owe an awful lot of that love and happiness to my mom. Happy Mother's Day to my mother and to all mother's reading this blog.

1 comment:

Jan said...

That was the nicest mothers day gift I ever received Matthew.and yes, You will always be my cutie man ;-)
love - mom