Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Re-Lent

Today at the nursing home a lot of people had dirty foreheads so I was reminded it was Ash Wednesday. I probably should have known that, but one of the things I have given up for lent is my ability to remember holidays. Other bloggers have already discussed what they will be giving up for lent. I haven't taken part in lent for some years, so maybe I'll try again.

9 Things I'll Give Up
1. I'll give up NOT practicing lent
2. I'll give up fasting
3. I'll give up yahoo messenger
4. I'll give up TV from 3-5pm
5. I'll give up remembering holidays
6. I'll give up dating
7. I'll give up reading from 2 Chronicles
8. I'll give up pizza rolls
9. I'll give up the use of Burgess Road

2 comments:

Bryan said...

I dont know about giving up pizza logs. It does not sound like a good idea to me. No tv from 3-5 woulde be no problem for me b/c i work till 5:30

matthew said...

yeah, i'm never home to watch tv at that time either. Thankfully, i am currently sick of pizza rolls/logs for a while, so i should be fine to relent from eating them