Sunday, February 11, 2007

HS vs. NBA

The other night I went to a High School basketball game and realized I should have been going to them all along. I always think of things too late! Like, just a few months back I realized that I should have tried hooking up with a certain girl in college, but I didn't even attempt it out of fear of failure. But back to the topic at hand. Here are some reasons why High School basketball is superior to the NBA.

1. Proximity. I would have to travel to Toronto or Cleveland to catch an NBA game, but high school games are mere minutes away. 2. Price. $2 bucks. Nice. NBA games are probably like $50 or more. I can go to 25 HS games for that! 3. Seat. I sat 2 rows behind the players. I'd be thrown out if I tried that in the NBA. 4. Neighbors. I already know plenty of people there. At an NBA game I'd be surrounded by strangers. 5. Excitement. Kids have a lot of energy. They run around like crazy. NBA players just stand mostly. 6. Ministry. If I go to an NBA game it'd basically count as a mini-vacation. But if I go to a HS game it's almost ministry, supporting the teens from church. 7. Humor. The student-fans get really into the game. They chant funny things. NBA fans just swear and get drunk.

Needless to say, I'm headed to another game Tuesday night.

4 comments:

Dena said...

Sometimes high school sports are way more interesting than pro. In my town our girls' basketball team was the thing. They made state finals almost every year, and the whole town came to the games (kind of a Gilmore thing, I know).

And per this college girl - do share, do share!

Anonymous said...

I prefer to watch high school games over college too....this goes for all sports, basketball, baseball, football, tennis, etc. Sports matter the most to the community in high school. That's somebody's kid out there. Players in the NBA or college are not refered to as "Jimmy and Jan Johnson's first born son."
So, kudos, on that.

Bryan said...

Yeah how was your first experience with the blue zone. It will be crazy on tuesday. It was off the hook wheni was in school as well. with the blue bandit and all

matthew said...

Well, I won't give any more info on the mystery girl. I only typed that in to make everyone mad with curiousity.

I did enjoy listening to the bluezone bryan, although i think they were too focused on the next game instead of supporting the team during the game at hand :)