Monday, January 15, 2007

Dream Dream Dream

I'm always very tired on Sunday nights. Sometimes I fight it. Last night I just went to sleep. Usually when I sleep due to exhaustion I have very vivid dreams and last night was no exception. Three distinct dreams blended together:

#1 I was back in high school, but my first class was a free 'study hall' period. About 5 minutes into the class I found it pretty odd that everyone was in complete silence, especially since this was the 1st day of school and people surely didn't have work. So I asked the teacher if it was alright to chat. She didn't even respond. So I raised my hand and asked again and she said no! After the class, I went up to her and calmly explained how dumb she was for starting the year out on such a sour note.

#2 After 1st period I wanted to look at my schedule to see my next class, but I couldn't find it. So I went to the school office to get another one and they said my next class was a business field trip of sorts. I ended up at Donald Trump's house with 4 or 5 other students, though he wasn't even home. For some reason we were supposed to remodel his living room which didn't match the luxery of the other rooms of his house to any degree. We finished that and went outside, accidently starting a fire in a nearby cornfield. We called 911.

#3 After the firetrucks arrived and Donald came home, we were all told to go to a movie premier with the rich grandparents of one of our fellow students. I suddenly realized that one of the girls I had been working with all day was Rory from the Gilmore Girls. She was mad at me for not noticing her all day, but quickly forgave me and we sat together as the movie started. Then I started asking her questions about Joan (from Joan of Arcadia) because they are best friends in real life.

I slept for 11 hours.

8 comments:

Kirk said...

Wow your first dream troubles me. Obviously the silence in the classroom is symbollic of a mute cat. The teacher represents an ice cream cone. Your repeated attempts to talk to your teacher are symbollic of you trying to lick your ice cream cone before it drips all over the floor. You are not successful and as this dairy product hits the floor without warning this mute cat begins licking it up. It is all so clear now. This dream is trying to tell you that you need to mop your kitchen floor. (you better hurry before you start dreaming about doves. We all know what that would mean)

Aaron Perry said...

um...i think the whole thing troubles me. but not as much as the fact that the steelers played better football for the most part than anyone (with Balt. defense excepted) the last two weeks of the playoffs. if only we had gotten in.

Angela said...

Matt, I think there's a conspiracy going on. Your blog never shows stars by my name when I post anymore!!! What's the deal??? I want stars and (in the annoying Baruca from Willy Wonka voice) I want stars NOW!

matthew said...

angela, blogroller hasn't been working for a month or so and, to be honest, i don't expect it to ever work again

so...i do it manually once a week. but perhaps you posted after i did it!

At ANY time, YOU can give yourself ***'s manually by following the directions in the upper right corner of my blog

byebye

Angela said...

Yay!!! I have stars!!! Thank you, Matthew; My day is complete. :-)

matthew said...

BTW Kirk, I think your interpretation is right on. At least, my mom thinks so. And AP, I also feel the NFL playoff teams are playing rather poorly, lots of mistakes. Angela, you are welcome. Matthew, oh...nevermind

sibbie751 said...

This post is hilarious!

S.I. said...

Finally, someone else whose haphazard dreams resemble my own!