Thursday, December 07, 2006

Please Pray for Me

I don't open up very often, but I need to now. This is really hard for me to say, but I can't keep it in anymore. I need to vent what's been going on in my life. Over the past year, I have fallen in love with a girl that lives here in town. I didn't say anything directly to her, but I told my parents because they know her parents and I figured that, together, they could gauge whether or not such a relationship would be feasible. Everyone agreed that it'd be a good match. The girl is only sixteen years old, but she's very mature for her age. I have no doubt that she has a great relationship with God. Even as a twenty-five year old guy, I think I have much to learn from her level of devotion to the Lord.

Anyways, a little while back I finally contacted the girl and it was pretty obvious that things were going to proceed smoothly. She liked me a lot and I really liked her too. Everyone that knew about the two of us was really happy that we were a couple.

Please don't judge me for what you read next. This girl is now pregnant. I know some of you won't believe me, but I promise the baby isn't mine. I was shocked when I found out. I really don't know what to do. People in town are going to talk. My reputation may go down the drain. I still love this girl, but I'm angry, confused and embarrassed. Part of me wants to stay with her despite what she did. We could get married and raise the child together. I think that deep down, she still loves me. On the other extreme, I sometimes think I want to let everyone know what she did to me and let her suffer the consequences of her sin. It's probably best, though, to take the middle position and just end our relationship as quietly as possible.

I know all this must come as a shock to most of you reading this, but I could really use your prayers and advice regarding my situation. Thanks in advance.

20 comments:

Jo said...

I don't mean to be insensitive, but who is the imposter that took over Matthew's blog?

The probability of Matthew Rose succumbing to all of that in real life is slim to none. I don't believe it.

Elliott Innes said...

I don't have any advice to offer, but I don't think that's what you are looking for anyway. I will say that I know you are a man of integrity and I will stand behind you. You are i my prayers.

Aaron Perry said...

i think i have heard this somewhere before...

Anonymous said...

Although i am confused by the comments above, I will pray for you.

And never settle on a spouse.

heather durkee

matthew said...

I hope nobody gets mad at me for this post. I had to be a bit deceptive in it. AP got it though :)

This post was not written by me, but by Joseph 2000 years ago. It was written before he fell asleep in Matthew 1:20.

Now think of the emotions you experienced while reading this post and then reread Joseph's part in the Christmas narrative. Might seem a little fresher!

Sorry again if some of you find my attempts at creativity inappropriate

Steph said...

i got it to, verry nice. Really sort of brings it into perspective. I think sometimes we forget that real people were involved, people who didn't know how (and probably wondered if) things would work out.

*deeted first tyr due to massive spelling errors

Elliott Innes said...

Jerk! ;)

well done. You have redeemed yourself from the abysmal "Toaster Tart" post.

Mommy of Four said...

Based on a convo we had a few months ago, this post REALLY confused me! I guess I can't go into the details of it on here for the world to see (our convo)...but your clarification makes me feel much better!

Robin said...

Hmm, I wonder how many people read this post without looking at the comments...

matthew said...

Elliott- I have never denied being a jerk :)

Kayla- haha, yeah, I'm glad I clarified too. I probably should have clarified with a comment before anyone read it, but that's just not as much fun

Robin- Good call! Perhaps I'll lose my job after all :)

Jecca said...

this is brilliant.



originally i was thinking like jo, but i'm glad you clarified just to be sure.

Jan said...

You gave your old mom quite a scare for a couple of seconds there Matthew. I think I PREFER the toaster tart posts ;-) Good thing I used my "MAtthews Mom" reasoning skills and realized you were probably up to something before I had a heart attack ;-) You kids sure keep me on my toes!

Katie said...

Maybe if you posted it after people saw that new Christmas movie The Nativity Story, which has a lot of Joseph's perspective, more people would have noticed?


Very clever... the question is, how can you top it?!!

matthew said...

Hmm...how to top it?

I don't think anyone is going to believe anything I post ever again, so that'll be tough

Heather Durkee said...

Well, you were effective and got a lot of posts. But admidately I was confused and shocked.

Anonymous said...

Well, I think we all want revenge for this upsetting post so here goes... http://www.elfyourself.com/?userid=82856924f6efacdb9e05d7f_20061208 Matthew on his day off ;-)

Anonymous said...

nevermind it didnt work ;-( Guess it only emails.

Kirk said...

Good one Matt. I too had my doubts about this referring to you but sadly I didn't catch what you were really talking about until I read the comments. I guess what is sad is I've heard so many similar (not exactly similar) stories that I was prepared to go through another crisis in prayer with a "friend" (have we achieved this status yet) (I think talking in person some day would help that) Any ways I think in your sequel you should tell the story of Jaal and the tent peg.

Kirk said...

I meant Jael (I should really proof red)

matthew said...

Kirk, I think we actually have talked in person before. But I am not a memorable individual. I was on the Bethany chorale one year and we came to your church. I think I said something to you about being in fantasy hockey leagues with you or something. Then you kicked me and took my apple sauce. The last part might not be right, my memory is fuzzy with memories long ago.