Saturday, December 23, 2006

Cleaning

I hope my mother doesn't read this post, but I really enjoy cleaning my room. It's not the kind of cleaning that mom's like anyway, because it involves NOT cleaning for an extended period. You see, I like to let things get really messy and THEN clean. I've always been like this. I wait till my room is a practical disaster and then I do a super awesome job of cleaning and re-arranging the furniture. Anyways, my room is really clean right now.

Also on the topic of cleaning. I love throwing stuff out. I am somewhat of a minimalist. I am good at knowing what things aren't really necessary to keep. I'm not anti-sentimental. I just have limited sentimentality, I dare say the sane amount. Face it, nobody needs more than a couple dozen outfits. Each person should be able to fit all their 'stuff' in 2-3 nice sized bins.

7 comments:

sibbie751 said...

I am a packrat who is always striving to make progress in downsizing, etc. But I cannot imagine ever being able to fit my stuff in 2-3 bins.

Dena said...

I cannot say I've ever been a true packrat, but I do like to hold on to things and I am quite sentimental. The way I have learned to downsize is through recent big moves. When getting ready to move to another continent and those $100 extra suitcases start piling up, suddenly things just aren't that important.

Jecca said...

i clean in a similar way, but i definitely keep a lot of things and could never fit all my belongings into 2 or 3 containers. All my books would take up two containers alone!

Merry Christmas Matthew!

Sarah Gomez said...

I'm still bitter about those hearts :P

matthew said...

I kind of forgot about books!

Ok, I couldn't do the 2 bin thing.

And Sarah, I thought i successfully blamed that on my mom or something?

Jan said...

First of all, I DID read the post (you should clean more often) and yes everyone- aside from books and movies ALL of his worldly belongings could fit into 2 bins. He gets that from his mom. I have become a minimalist since then house fire. BTW< what hearts are you blaming me for regarding Sarah?
I guess I will have to keep a closer eye on this blog.

matthew said...

you have a bad memory mom. you definitely threw them out. remember? please (cover for me)