Monday, October 30, 2006

Missions Girls

Throughout the past 6 years, I've been interested in quite a number of 'missions girls'. But I was never sure exactly why. I have a passion for the generally lukewarm american church. While I have loved my 3 trips to China, I am un-convinced that I'll ever be a long-term missionary overseas. So here are some theories to explain the interest:
  1. The #1 thing I'm looking for is a solid commitment to Christ. By their very nature, missions girls tend to be solid Christians
  2. I think the adventurous spirit has a lot to do with it. I don't think of myself as adventurous and I am attracted to the contrast
  3. Missions girls tend to be pretty social. They're good at meeting new people and devoloping relationships, another weakness of mine.
  4. Perhaps is simply a coincidence that many of the missions girls I've liked have been likeable
  5. I suppose it's possible that God will call me to overseas missions in the future and He's just trying to get me 'set-up' for such a calling

3 comments:

Erskine said...

You can assume that it is a coincidence that many missions girls ahve been likable. It seems they're usually very likable or very not. :) The point is, I wouldn't read much into the coincidences unless the Lord is using it for self-revelation.

Jo said...

Well Matt, I have to echo Lynn--not necessarily a sign from God.

matthew said...

just to clarify, i'm not thinking of any actual major life decisions. This is just a light-hearted post. I was thinking out loud :)