Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Pick-Up Lines

I'm currently teaching through the life of Solomon and while preparing to teach 'Song of Solomon' I was re-amused by some of the romantic lingo. But then I got to thinking, those lines worked! I mean, let's face it, Solomon had like a thousand girls! I just want one, so I'm going to start using lines like these:

Solomon's Top 5 Pick-Up Lines
  1. I liken you, my darling, to a mare (1:9)
  2. Your hair is like a flock of goats (4:1, 6:5)
  3. Thy temples are like a piece of a pomegranate (4:3, 6:7)
  4. Your waist is a mound of wheat (7:2)
  5. Your nose is like the tower of Lebanon (7:4)

6 comments:

Mommy of Four said...

I would highly reccommend that you NOT use #5...you might get YOURS broken.

Robin said...

Sexy stuff.

Dena said...

I wouldn't care about the nose comment, but if a guy told me my waist was like a mound of wheat I think I'd slug him.

Mommy Rader said...

Yeah I tend to agree with the not- so-romantic "mound of wheat" thing...although the nose pick up line ranks a close second....either way it's worth a shot, right??

Kelly said...

ooooooh, I like Tammy's line...I think I'll use it....lol

theajthomas said...

I would definitly comment on the twin fawns. Of course, I've always been more of a gazelle man anyway.