Wednesday, June 21, 2006

24 Miles Later

OK. Plans changed a little. I decided to drive to work yesterday, ride home, and ride back this morning. So yesterday around 6:20pm I began my trek toward physical health. I fired up the 1st hour of Steve Gregg's discussion of the 3 views of hell on my Nano and took off. The first mile was the hardest only because I knew there were about 11 after that. I felt tired right away. But once I turned off of Hess Road, I got my 2nd wind.

The trip took almost exactly an hour. My legs were a bit sore, but not as bad as I'd anticipated. The biggest result of this exercise was that I fell asleep at 10:10pm. Now, any of you that have me on your MSN list know that this is very odd to say the least.

This morning I woke up at 5am. ESPN was replaying game 6 of the NBA finals so I watched the 4th quarter in bed. Then I ate breakfast and got back on the bike. My bottom reacted negatively to its forced reunion with the seat. But I pressed on while listening to the 2nd hour of 'hell' which seemed to be an appropriate topic for miles 20-23.

The last mile, though, was no problem. Steve Gregg finished so I sang my 2 chinese songs a few times through until I turned into the church parking lot. All in all, I am quite pleased with my experience in exercise. Can't wait till next year when I consider doing it again!

No comments: