Thursday, May 11, 2006

Providence

Our team leader for the China trip is a man named Fran Strong. Thankfully, he doesn't spend much time on the internet because he would probably feel quite uncomfortable with what I am about to say. I think that if I were told by God to add some more names to Hebrews 11, Fran would be one of the first names I'd add.

From Fran I have learned to notice the providence of God and give Him praise for His sovereignty. What the world would call coincidences gravitate towards Fran Strong. Why? Because he not only makes himself available to God, but places himself in positions to be used by God.

Tonight in men's group we are in the midst of the story of Joseph. Perhaps no story in Scripture showcases the great management of God like this one. That being the case, I called Fran this afternoon to join our group and share some illustrations of God's providence in his life. It should be a great time of sharing.

No comments: