Monday, April 17, 2006

DVR

I really like my DVR (digital video recorder). Very affordable and practical. Instead of flipping through channel after channel of nothingness, I just turn on 1 of the 3 things on tv worth watching. Also, since I'll be gone for the next 2 weeks, I have set it up to record everything that I don't wanna miss. Here's what I'll record:

17 episodes of the Gilmore Girls - I'm in the middle of season 5 and they'll be 3 new episodes showing while I'm gone.
3 episodes of American Idol - I've followed this season pretty well, so I'll record them. It's a great show to tape b/c you can fast forward through all their stupid banter.
4-7 Buffalo Sabres playoff games - This is the tricky one. If my plan works I'll get to my room after the China trip and have no idea how the Sabres did in the 1st round. In fact, I won't even know who they played b/c the season ends tuesday evening after I'm already gone.

Of course, this implies that when I get home I'll have up to 41 hours of television to watch. Sounds depressing. But since I can fast forward all commercial, episodes I've seen, and intermissions, I'll be more like 20 I bet. Okay, still depressing. Oh well.

5 comments:

Aaron Perry said...

very smart planning, matt. sorry about the dirty work of domi on mckee. no excuses. peters with a low blow (golf swing) as well makes me not cheer for them in the playoffs. ahve fun!

Sarah Gomez said...

you are forgetting that Alias returns on Wednesday! 2 hour special. Don't forget ;)

(I know - you've never seen an episode in your life... blah blah blah :P)

I consider this my personal failure

Sarah Gomez said...

when do you leave?

matthew said...

I totally missed the golf swing somehow. Peters doesn't deserve to be on the team anyways.

I leave early tuesday mornin

Jo said...

matt, i'm proud of your unashamed gilmore girls promotion. they were on letterman last night, and most of the men on the show admitted to watching them, so i don't get why there is a stigma.