Sunday, February 19, 2006

Disaster Dreams

I have a lot of natural disaster dreams.

Last night I dreamed that Lake Ontario had swelled to within 20 feet of our back door. We were relatively safe b/c our house, in the dream, was built on a grassy plateau. But the neighbors' homes were partially under water. And my dog Copper (who died 11 years ago) was alive, but in serious danger.

I used to dream a lot about fires, but I haven't dreamed of a fire since we actually had a fire. In those dreams, I always escaped via a wide scooter. I laid belly-side down on the scooter and used my arms to gain speed. It's a very slow get-away, but I never got burnt.

I feel this post is poorly worded, but dreams are like that.

2 comments:

Jo said...

lol! a scooter getaway vehicle. even i couldn't have imagined that.

Mommy of Four said...

So....speaking of dreams....

I really wish your blog roller said when I update, because I need a lot of advice of my delimma! Kind of along the dream line? Maybe? AH! Help! You're a pastor, what do YOU think?????