Monday, January 30, 2006

The Rooster

We have a rooster. Actually, our neighbors have a rooster that thinks our deck and driveway are part of its territory. It's a violent rooster. Today my dad tried to prove otherwise. He went outside and stood still, assuring us that it would not attack. But alas, it pecked his toe. He'll be fine.

A few minutes later I decided to go to work. The rooster was far enough away from the back door to warrent my exit. But as I got in my car, it was approaching. With my eyes focused on the chicken & my car in reverse I totally forgot that my parents SUV was behind me. So I hit it softly, but did manage to knock off its license plate.

I blame the rooster, but I doubt it has insurance.

5 comments:

matthew said...

that's b/c the stars are in your eyes! :)

uumm...again, i don't think the updatee feature is working properly at the current time.

matthew said...

whoa...how did my response get in front of your comment!?!?!!

JHW said...

If it was the AFLAC duck, you might have been alright. Were you tempted to run over the rooster?

matthew said...

haha...i temporarily forgot about the aflac duck :)

very tempted. in fact, to be honest, sometimes when i am backed out of the driveway....i back BACK in (what an odd phrase) and scare it.

Mommy of Four said...

I thought you were going to say you ran over the rooster. I would have...sounds like he needs to be taught a lesson about territory!