Thursday, January 26, 2006

Indiana Jones

As part of my last 3 sleepless nights, I re-watched the Indiana Jones movies. I hadn't seen them in quite a while so this should be a fairly fresh perspective. I was impressed by the ability of all 3 movies to keep the suspense flowing throughout, especially considering the fact that I watched them in the middle of the night.
I definitely enjoyed Raiders of the Lost Ark. It's almost the perfect adventure movie. Indiana Jones is trying to keep the freshly discovered ark of the covenant from the Nazi frontlines. Rating: 8.1

I'll stick with my previous belief that the Temple of Doom is the worst of the three, but it's still very entertaining. Jones is trying to rescue the sacred stone and the children of a small Indian town who have been enslaved by worshipers of an ancient evil religion. Rating: 7.9

The Last Crusade is, probably easily, the best Indiana Jones movie, but that's not a slam against the other two. It's simply excellent. The addition of Sean Connery as Indiana's father makes the movie. Lots of fun twists and turns in this one. It's entertaining from beginning to end. Rating: 9.2

It looks like there may be a part 4 next year

Overall...

Rating: 8.4
Status: Must Own

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hmm... never saw any of the Indiana Jones movies. Does that make me un-American????

matthew said...

It makes you un-american, yes. but beyond that, it makes you a nazi. maybe that is why you have so many books, you're just saving them up for a big nazi book burning party.