Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Sleep Chart 5

Week 5 may have been one of my worst weeks of all time. It seems the more I focus on changing sleep schedule, the further away from my goal I get. Even stranger, I find this quite amusing. I have added a new feature in red called too late, perhaps it will add to the 3D affect.

Tuesday 4:30-12:30 (8)
Wednesday 4:30-8, 8:30-9:30 (4.5)
Thursday 5-1 (8)
Friday 5-3 (10)
Saturday 4:30-7:30 (3)
Sunday 12-10 (10)
Monday 6-2 (8)
Too Little, Too Much, Just Right
*Too Late

The Good- I got plenty of sleep. The Bad- I only fell asleep & stayed asleep before 4:30 once! The Ugly- Matter defeats mind every morning when the alarm goes off.

This weeks healthy habit: I pledge to set my alarm for 10am and actually wake up. Gotta start somewhere.

4 comments:

Steph said...

I think forcing yourself to get up in the morning might be a good idea - and don't let yourself go to sleep (or nap) before the time you want to go to sleep every night. Something that helps me to get up in the morning is to put the alarm clock on the other side of the room - out of reach so I have to get out of bed to turn it off.

matthew said...

yes, tomorrow i plan on getting up early for sure. good advice steph.

Warrior said...

Matt, I think if you just keep doing what you are doing, should make a full circle in your falling asleep times so about every 10 weeks you'll be falling asleep around 12 and waking up at 8. You are up about the same times as me, except I'm on the other side of the world...

matthew said...

haha, yeah. i considered letting it run it's course. I wonder if it would ever settle somewhere or if it would just keep going in circles.

But you raise another interesting point. Maybe in a past life I was on the other side of the world or something.