Monday, October 10, 2005

Contacts or Glasses

I can't decide which I like better.

COMFORT Glasses are kind of annoying to wear sometimes, but contacts make my eyes itch (b/c I refuse to take them out at night).
LOOK
Popular opinion says it's best not to have glasses, but they do tend to make me look older (which is a good thing).
RISK
Since I am too stubborn to take contacts out at night, there's always the risk of damaging my eyes. On the other hand, I have broken my fair share of glasses.
COST Both are pretty expensive. If your prescription doesn't change you can keep glasses forever, but they can go out of style too.

What do you think?

6 comments:

Robin said...

I've recently become a contact man myself, though it's nice when you're feeling lazy (like me today) to just be able to throw your glasses on. In general, though, I like the contact better b/c thing tend to look bigger... See, my glasses are so thick that even though they make things clearer they make them smaller. Also, they're so thick I can feel my eyelashes against the lenses. So contacts win.

Jo said...

glasses rock.

Aaron Perry said...

laser eye surgery.

matthew said...

Robin. Yes, mine are also thick enough to make a difference in how big things look. I especially notice the difference withh my laptop screen, much bigger with contacts.

Jo. There are definitely days when I prefer them.

Aaron. I asked my eye doctor about laser surgery a few weeks ago and he spoke very highly of it. I wish it were covered by my health insurance. I also asked him about the 'see clearly method' which is advertised on local radio (and involves eye exercises to correct vision) and, just as I suspected, he laughed at it as a scam.

Sarah Gomez said...

I tried contacts for about 6 months in grade 9. I hated them so much!! Everytime I left my house I felt like I was leaving without my shirt!

matthew said...

Tammy. I'm so glad you have the hip ship tape and not me. my family would have found it and showed it at church or something :)

sarah. In that case, i'm shocked you made it 6 months. you rebel you.