Saturday, September 24, 2005

Flightplan

For the first time in a long while I went to the movies tonight. I took my sister Lauren & her friend Amanda* and saw Flightplan. Not bad. Not bad. A mourning widow (Jodie Foster) wakes up on a plane to find that her daughter is missing. To make matters worse, there aren't any records of her ever having been on the plane. The crew struggles with whether to believe an emotional mother or all the evidence.

Most action films have too many dumb lines for my liking, a feature this film was fortunately lacking. It was somewhat predictable, but not ridiculously slow. The acting was above average. Enjoyable, but not spectacular.**

*Lauren wants me to say that Amanda is the awesomest, bestest friendest ever in the entire world ever.
**Amanda described the movie as 'sad & heretic'...but I'm pretty sure she meant 'heroic'

Rating: 6.9
Status: Worth the Time

1 comment:

Sarah Gomez said...

Sounds like my kind of movie.. especially the heretic part :)