Sunday, August 07, 2005

Youth Ministry

One thing I find strange about myself is that I'm both incredibly laid-back AND very structured at the same time. Actually, the more structured the event...the more laid back I become (if that makes sense...well, it's true even if it doesn't make sense).

This is why I've never been good at youth ministry. There's a certain amount of chaos in that field. I shut-down in chaotic situations. Chaos doesn't really make me feel stressed though, it makes me judge the situation as lacking potential. I stink at youth ministry UNLESS I'm given a structured forum to work with. This has happened on a few occasions and I've enjoyed youth ministry immensely at those times.

I just wanted to take a moment to thank all you who work with teens. Thanks for being able to produce within chaos AND thanks for providing some structure for others to minister to youth as well.

1 comment:

Heather Durkee said...

I totally understand. Adam & I suck at youth ministry so a big rah rah out to those who are good at it or who it comes so naturally to. Very interesting about how you react to things.