Friday, June 17, 2005

The Next GS

This won't make much sense to non-wesleyan readers

Did you see Keith Drury's latest article? I didn't know people were allowed to publish speculation like that, pretty cool. Due to a 'tradegy' (sorry Keith) in Dave Holdren's family, we are short 1 G.S. Drury came up with a list of candidates:

Steve DeNeff- He'd be my pick
JoAnne Lyon- My 2nd choice
HC Wilson- Like him a lot
Don Bray- Works for me
Jim Garlow- Don't think he's interested
Harry Wood- I'd be fine with that
Paul Hontz- Nah, stay a pastor
Steve Babby- Don't know enough to say
Jim Dunn- Don't know enough to say
Jerry Pence- I guess so

My prayers go out to the Holdren family. It's too bad Drury himself isn't interested in the GS job. Any of you guys have any comments on this list?

4 comments:

Heather Durkee said...

I read this article today on his site. Its pretty brave to not only name drop but then put it on a website that gets tons of hits! Adam doesn't think that a woman would ever get to be a GS, but I would have to say I think JoAnne Lyon or HC. Even though I think they would do an amazing job, something tells me that they wouldn't really like it as much as what they are doing already.

Scottie said...

H.C. is not available... no i am not is secratary or even pastoring on his district yet, but i think i speak for all of the atlantic district when i say that he should be removed from your list... we almost lost him a little while back, but it just cannot happen again... he is so good for this district...

my vote would definately be for aaron perry though... good ball hockey player and all around freakin genius type of guy...

Anonymous said...

my vote is for harry wood. next choice would be don bray. third, steve deneff.

i think wood possesses character that is very trust-worthy. i like the man; he's not a machiavellian-type. i would trust our denominational leadership more if he were elected.

and, i'd have to agree with scottie: AP would make a great denominational leader someday, if he wanted it. he'd get my vote.

jo h.

matthew said...

Yeah, I like your 3 picks Jo...I'd be happy with each of them